Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Happy 5th Anniversary to Sal's Fiction Addiction, with thanks to Ingrid and every visitor for the past five years!

                          
 
Hello everyone!
 
I was so excited about the release of Garth Brooks' new album yesterday; I completely forget that it was a special day for me, too. Thanks to my friend Ingrid, who assured me that I had something to share, I did my first post on November 11, 2009. She was not at school, and I was not at work. Together, we chose a name, set up this blog, and got started!
 
It's been a welcome journey and I continue to love working at it. My goal remains the same - to let you know about SOME of the wonderful books being published for children, adolescents and young adults today! It's tough for an 'old' retired teacher-librarian to keep up with all there is to see. I know how hard it is for teachers, teacher-librarians and parents to be aware of what is out there for the children they love. So, I hope to make selection a tad easier.
 
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the many visits to the site, the comments left, the encouragement I receive from friends to keep working at it, and the support I get from the publishing world to share their books with you. I feel that I have made new friends - though they be virtual ones - who offer advice, guidance and encouragement for this work.
 
Thanks to YOU for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment